Monday, May 21, 2012

GRATITUDE, NOT ATTITUDE - Food For Your Soul

Gratitude not Attitude is really a philosophy that when practiced, reminds you that everything you need, you already have.  When you enjoy what you are surrounded by, you do not wish for more.  You delight in what is right in front of you.  You live in the moment and feel the joy of the people around you or perhaps you are a better friend, better human.

The best recipe for Gratitude, not Attitude is:
Stop right where you are
Breathe in all the positives
Appreciate the people in your life, past and present
Share your wisdom

Smile and be kind daily and remember your focus is being grateful

I like to begin my day with meditation.  I use the first 5-10 min. or so to focus on gratitude.  I do not wish for things I do not have, or didn't get or want but I cannot have them.  I focus on the love I do have, the people in my life who are blessings, my son, my dog, my home, and creature comforts that make my life easier. I focus on a mantra I created for myself, honoring loving, gratitude I feel.

It's not to say that I don't have heartaches or challenges or obstacles that need to be overcome, it's to say that I am not focusing on what I cannot change, however I am appreciating the positives, now. 

Each night before you go to sleep, write down a few things you were grateful for throughout your day.  It can be as simple as being in gratitude to the person who asked "How are you today" to you having the opportunity to open a door for someone.  Daily Kindnesses.  It can be your child's laugh or funny story, it can be a moment in nature that caught your eye and captured your heart.  The point is, reflect, feel and write.

Sincerely,
In Gratitude

No comments:

Post a Comment